PRESS RELEASE: SWIM.AI Introduces SWIM EDX
by SWIM Team, on Apr 4, 2018 6:17:21 AM
SWIM.AI Introduces SWIM EDX, Software Delivering Real-Time Intelligence and Digital Twins at the Edge
Flagship EDX product delivers business insights and predictions by efficiently reducing, analyzing and learning from fast edge data in real-time at the edge
SAN JOSE, Calif. – April 4, 2018 – SWIM.AI, the edge intelligence software company, today exited stealth and announced the general availability of its edge software solution, SWIM EDX™, delivering edge intelligence and real-time business and operational insights. Current business intelligence solutions require large volumes of time-series data to be reduced, streamed to the cloud, stored, cleaned, analyzed and then modelled – at great expense and often with significant delays. By applying analytics, self-training digital twins and edge computing, SWIM EDX allows manufacturers, infrastructure providers, enterprises, cities and IoT vendors to analyze and take immediate action on fast edge data. In addition, the company today announced key additions to its management team, including Simon Crosby as chief technology officer, Simon Aspinall as chief sales and marketing officer, and Ramana Jonnala as chief product officer.
“Edge devices and data volumes are growing exponentially, leaving enterprises swamped,” said Holger Mueller, VP and principal analyst for Constellation Research. “That data, however, holds insights that can truly transform production, efficiency and a multitude of other factors. Being able to analyze that data, and therefore predict system performance on the fly puts enterprises ahead of the game.”
Delivering Intelligence at the Edge
SWIM EDX software delivers powerful business and operational insights from real-time edge data, by consuming vast amounts of ‘grey’ streamed edge data, applying sophisticated analysis and machine learning techniques to produce ‘digital twins that learn’ of real-world devices and systems. These SWIM digital twins analyze and reduce data, identify critical events, find hidden patterns and predict future behavior.
SWIM EDX is lightweight software that can be added to existing edge devices, creating a resilient, powerful compute fabric able to analyze, machine-learn and predict locally. SWIM EDX greatly reduces data bandwidth, storage and cloud processing costs. SWIM EDX is self-training and operates in real-time, at a fraction of the cost of manually trained, remote and cloud-based learning/analysis. SWIM EDX is highly secure, providing encryption/introspection protection for itself and all the edge data. SWIM works closely with partners and suppliers in each market to enhance existing solutions and services with Edge Intelligence.
Key benefits include:
- Improved Efficiency – Data Intelligence: SWIM EDX reduces costs for transmission, storage and central compute of edge data, through data reduction and efficient use of idle (edge) compute.
- Real-Time Insights – Edge Intelligence: SWIM EDX provides business and operational real-time insights and predictions from gray edge data, enabling asset tracking, preventative maintenance and predictive cost avoidance, as well as real-time process improvements.
- Revenue from Gray Data – Data as a Service: SWIM EDX can turn gray edge data into events, relationships and predictions for valuable third-party information services.
“We founded SWIM.AI to address the growing edge data problem, where real-time data from new edge devices and sensors requires fast, local analytics and prediction to aid local decision making,” said Rusty Cumpston, co-founder and CEO of SWIM.AI. “To address these needs, we’ve focused on building a new edge software stack which can efficiently process streaming edge data and generate business insights that can easily be shared and accessed by other applications on any device and across any network. Our leadership team brings an incredibly strong background in software development and innovation, and has developed a product that revolutionizes how edge data is processed, accessed and used for continuous learning.”
Edge Intelligence Software for Diverse Use Cases
SWIM EDX software works in a variety of environments, including:
- Manufacturing: SWIM EDX analyzes manufacturing data streams tracking performance, predicting failure, timing maintenance and helping OT optimization. EDX runs on existing controllers, servers or instrumentation.
- Networking: SWIM EDX runs locally on routers, set-top boxes and wi-fi controllers enabling channel selection, network optimization and improved performance.
- Enterprise IT: SWIM EDX runs on existing assets – helping reduce and analyze edge data and IT real-time performance.
- Logistics/Supply Chain: SWIM EDX provides data ingestion, event analysis and asset tracking, providing data deduplication, cost reduction and analysis.
- Traffic Management: SWIM EDX reports real-time traffic conditions and predictions to an API from existing traffic data sources while running on existing traffic infrastructure. EDX generates insights for navigation systems, connected cars, logistics, supply chain, cities, emergency and others. For additional information see the newly launched Tidalwave service, announced today.
- Smart Cities & IoT: SWIM EDX enables smart meters, smart grids, smart cities info services, smart lighting, smart parking and much more. EDX runs on embedded devices, IoT routers and commodity hardware locally.
“SWIM EDX software enables us to handle enormous volumes of edge data, turning it into insights and predictions that our customers need instantly,” said Joe Custer, CFO of Trafficware.
Product Information and Availability
SWIM.AI delivers powerful business and operational insights for customers with its SWIM EDX 'Edge Intelligence' software. SWIM.AI enables businesses to reduce, analyze, learn and predict from ‘gray’ edge data on the fly, on existing edge devices. SWIM EDX combines edge computing, machine learning and self-training ‘digital twins’, all running locally on existing edge devices working in a mesh/fabric architecture. SWIM.AI provides solutions for OEMs, service providers, enterprises, cities and IoT vendors. For additional information, please visit www.swim.ai.
# # #